NSW Land Registry Services (NSW LRS)
Planned outage for NSW LRS
- Due to third party maintenance the following services will be unavailable from 5pm Friday 14/08/20 to 11pm Saturday 15/08/20:
- Land Valuation Searches
- Street Address Searches
- HLRV (Lot Search)
- Reference/Charting Maps Web Service
- Land XML Validation
To check on the status of our online services or to subscribe to our outage notifications, please visit our Service Status page.
NSW LRS Lodgment Office – Level 30, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney
The NSW Land Registry Services (NSW LRS) Lodgment Office has relocated from Queens Square to Level 30, 175 Liverpool Street, Sydney on Monday 29 June 2020.
For further information please call our Contact Centre on (02) 8776 3575 or Contact Us online.
For enquiries regarding the future of the Registrar General’s Building at Queens Square, please contact the Office of the Registrar General on ORG-Admin@customerservice.nsw.gov.au or 1300 318 998.
Property information available for free
NSW LRS offers a range of free property searches to find registry information including title and street address identifiers, land value searches, plans, cadastral records and survey marks.
More comprehensive information and professional support is available through our network of authorised Information Brokers. Brokers provide specialised support to assist with accessing a wider range of NSW LRS records.
Free searches available include
- Street address inquiry - Find a title reference using a street address
- Reverse street address inquiry - Find a street address using a title reference
- Certificate of Title (CT) inquiry - Provides details such as the current edition number of the Certificate of Title or Water Access Licence, who the Certificate of Title or Water Access Licence was delivered to, the date of issue and the status date.
- Document inquiry - Check the status of a dealing, deposited plan, strata plan, primary application, or conversion action which are lodged or registered with NSW LRS.
- Plan inquiry - Shows plan details including plan purpose, lot numbers, registration date, surveyor and council approval details. There is limited information for plans lodged before 1999.
- Deed name and number search – Find deeds linked to a person or company such as a Power of Attorney or a deed for an Old System property. This search can only be performed on deeds registered in the vendors index with NSW LRS since January 1987 and Purchasers index from 1986.
- Land value search for owners - Provides land owners with recent land valuation information. Complete the first page to obtain a key, then proceed with the search.
- Cadastral Records Enquiry (CRE) search - Shows cadastral information for a property, including surrounding lot and plan numbers, street names, and local government authority boundaries.
Free services include:
- Electronic Notice of Sale (eNOS) – Members of the public can create, update and view eNOS transactions (passkey and relevant details required).
- Historical Land Registry Viewer (HLRV) – Search and view historical maps, plans, titles and indexes.
Having problems accessing our online services?
To check on the status of our online services or to see if you may be impacted by any planned works, please visit our Service Status page.